Customer Service Specialist
About the role
Abcam Customer Operations has an aspirational strategy supporting a bold transformation agenda. A key part to the strategy is the creation of a new global task-based team, called Mission Acceleration Centre. The team’s purpose is to help our customers prepare and re-stock for their mission, ensuring they get off to the best possible start, as fast as possible. We need dependable, high-performing talent focused on results to join this effort.
You will need to be comfortable in an environment where change is a constant, at Abcam we are always striving to improve everything we do.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Handle all customer orders through automated or manual channels (includes distributor orders in Hong Kong and China).
- Complete all order management related tasks, managing orders that are long term of stock, identifying product alternatives
- Work closely with key partners including logistics, supply chain, finance and FedEx to ensure orders are delivered on time
- Partner with Mission prep when customer contact is needed to provide a seamless customer experience
- Be continuously reviewing processes and making suggestions to improve ASC processes to support the customer
- High level of attention to detail, with an ability to spot errors easily
- Confident working in cross functional teams to ensure a seamless customer experience
- Customer focused approach, with customer satisfaction being a core driver – understanding of Net Promoter Score
- Spots opportunities for improvement and acts on them
- Demonstrates cultural awareness both internally and externally
- Essential language competencies Japanese and English.
- Team player mentality: willingness to take on tasks and work them through to completion
- Ability to multitask, prioritise and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently from own initiative
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast-paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences, please apply now!
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this?outcome,?the company?both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe,?and?sources?from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.?
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.