Customer Service Specialist Bi-Lingual
With offices across the US, Europe, and Asia, Abcam is one of the leading life science companies today, achieving multi-year double digit growth with the aim of helping scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Job Title: Mission Prep Specialist - Our job title for our customer service specialists
Reports to: Mission Prep Manager
Type: 6 months Fixed Term Contract initially
Abcam Customer Operations has an aspirational strategy supporting a bold transformation agenda. A key part to the strategy is the creation of a new global customer facing team, called Mission Prep. The team’s purpose is to help our customers prepare and re-stock for their mission, ensuring they get off to the best possible start, as fast as possible. We need dependable, high-performing talent focused on results to join this effort.
You will need to be comfortable in an environment where change is a constant, at Abcam we are always striving to improve everything we do.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Handle all customer contact and queries on a wide range of topics, delivery dates, stock, documentation, quotes
- Talk to customers on all channels including phone, email and live chat
- Deal with all hypercare situations including dealing with complaint and escalated customer cases
- Partner with the Mission Acceleration Centre to provide a seamless customer experience
- Owns each customer case from start to finish to ensure the customer is informed at all stages of their experience
Summary of Job Requirements:
- Passionate about delivering outstanding customer service
- Customer focused approach, with customer satisfaction being a core driver – understanding of Net Promoter Score
- Another European language language, ideally French, Spanish or German as we communicate with customers across Europe
- Empowered to make policy exceptions to handle unique customer concerns
- Can handle customer objections, showing empathy
- Spots opportunities for improvement and acts on them
- Demonstrates cultural awareness both internally and externally
- Team player mentality: willingness to take on tasks and work them through to completion
- Excellent communications skills in all aspects of customer contact
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to multitask, prioritise and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently from own initiative
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package, including our award-winning share scheme, a market leading family policy, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, as well as a highly flexible working environment. What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.