Customer Service Manager?Cantonese and Mandarin needed
About the role
Abcam Customer Operations has an aspirational strategy supporting a bold transformation agenda. A key part to the strategy is the creation of a new global customer facing team, called Mission Prep. The team’s purpose is to help our customers prepare and re-stock for their mission, ensuring they get off to the best possible start, as fast as possible. We need dependable, high-performing talent focused on results to join this effort.
You will need to be comfortable in an environment where change is a constant, at Abcam we are always striving to improve everything we do.
We are looking for leaders to inspire people and who rise to the challenge to solve problems. You’ll need a passion for continuous improvement, be a first-class communicator and enjoy coaching your team to achieve outstanding performance.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage the handling of all customer queries and complaints, ensuring the customer is at the heart of what we do.
- Partner with the Mission Acceleration Centre to provide a seamless customer experience
- Ensure key KPIs are achieved both at individual and team level (tNPS, response rate, accuracy, daily targets)
- Ensure the commercial team are appropriately supported with LVO and bespoke requests
- Coach and support team members to outstanding performance; regular ongoing feedback, development conversations
- Play an active role in the management team, identifying areas of improvement and proactive about making changes.
- Lead and manage projects that support the overall company strategy and improve customer experience
- Cultivate an environment that encourages maximum productivity and service effectiveness, personal growth and development, open communication and teamwork
- Passionate about delivering outstanding Customer Service
- Previous experience in a Customer Service environment
- Proven people management skills experience
- High level of attention to detail, with an ability to spot errors easily
- Experience of project management, leading cross-departmental working
- Delegate confidently to team members, to free time for team management
- Customer focused approach, with customer satisfaction being a core driver – understanding of Net Promoter Score
- Spots opportunities for improvement and acts on them
- Demonstrates cultural awareness both internally and externally
- Team player mentality: willingness to take on tasks and work them through to completion
- Ability to build rapport with team with a focus on engagement and its impact on performance
- Ability to multitask, prioritise and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently from own initiative
- Essential language competencies Cantonese, Mandarin, English. Desirable Japanese
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast-paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences, please apply now!
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this?outcome,?the company?both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe,?and?sources?from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.?
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.