Credit Controller x2 (6 month Fixed Term Contract)
Abcam, a successful and growing bioscience company, is a web-based business specialising in the production and sale of antibodies and related products to scientific research organisations. Our head office is based in Cambridge, UK and we have offices in USA, Japan and China.
Two temporary Credit Controller positions have arisen in our Accounts Receivable Department, to work alongside our US and Canadian team who are based both in the UK and USA, so Flexible working hours are fundamental.
Demonstrating first-class customer service at all times, you will assist the credit control team to maintain the overdue accounts at an acceptable level. This will involve contacting customers via email, telephone and letter to secure payment of overdue accounts. You will assist the Accounts Receivable Team by taking responsibility for allocated items (invoices, credits and payments) and any queries which may arise from this debt. Cash receipting may also be required through Oracle.
- Contact customers via email, fax, telephone and letter to secure payment of overdue accounts and keep accurate up-to-date records of any action taken
- Take responsibility for overdue items (invoices, credits, payments) that relate to their allocated countries
- Refer any accounts to the Debt Collection Agency as required
- Risk assess orders received from bad debtors/new accounts; contacting customers to resolve any issues in order that the new orders can be processed
- Respond to customer queries via email, fax, telephone and letter within 24 hours
- Liaise with internal departments to resolve any queries affecting the debtor
- Assist the Accounts Receivable Team with any tasks as required
- Report any issues to the Accounts Receivable Seniors or Accounts Receivable Manager
- You should possess a positive attitude, excellent communication skills, and attention to detail. A proven record of the ability to maintain clear lines of contact with customers.
You will also need to be able to investigate old historic balances, which will require organisation and tenacity.
- If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (which includes shares for eligible employees), a culture focussed on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.