Credit Controller - Italian or German speaking
Abcam, a successful and growing bioscience company, is a web-based business specialising in the production and sale of antibodies and related products to scientific research organisations. Our head office is based in Cambridge, UK and we have offices in USA, Japan and China.
An Italian or German speaking Credit Controller position has arisen in our Accounts Receivable Department, to work alongside our US and Canadian team who are based both in the UK and USA, so Flexible working hours are fundamental.
Demonstrating first-class customer service at all times, you will assist the credit control team to maintain the overdue accounts at an acceptable level. This will involve contacting customers via email, telephone and letter to secure payment of overdue accounts. You will assist the Accounts Receivable Team by taking responsibility for allocated items (invoices, credits and payments) and any queries which may arise from this debt. Cash receipting may also be required through Oracle.
- Contact customers via email, fax, telephone and letter to secure payment of overdue accounts and keep accurate up-to-date records of any action taken
- Take responsibility for overdue items (invoices, credits, payments) that relate to their allocated countries
- Refer any accounts to the Debt Collection Agency as required
- Risk assess orders received from bad debtors/new accounts; contacting customers to resolve any issues in order that the new orders can be processed
- Respond to customer queries via email, fax, telephone and letter within 24 hours
- Liaise with internal departments to resolve any queries affecting the debtor
- Assist the Accounts Receivable Team with any tasks as required
- Report any issues to the Accounts Receivable Seniors or Accounts Receivable Manager
- You should possess a positive attitude, excellent communication skills, and attention to detail. A proven record of the ability to maintain clear lines of contact with customers.
You will also need to be able to investigate old historic balances, which will require organisation and tenacity.
Fluent in either Italian or German.