Commercial Strategy Manager - Immuno oncology (12 months contract)
About the role
The Commercial Strategy Manager for Immuno-Oncology at Abcam is a key commercial analytics and product management role, responsible for utilising complex insights to make recommendations on the commercial strategy to be implemented for the immuno-oncology product portfolio to serve customer needs both now and in the future.
The role is part of a team of three, headed up by the Director of Strategy for Immuno-Oncology, and is responsible for making recommendations on the short and long-term development of the immuno-oncology product portfolio.
You will use your analytical skills to drive understanding of the strengths and opportunities within the existing immuno-oncology portfolio, understanding the market both now and its likely future direction along with the needs of Abcam’s full customer base, as well as understanding and fully utilising in-house product development capabilities, collaborating with the R&D team to identify opportunities to expand on these capabilities, and with the Commercial and Business Development teams to input into the development of broad consumer partnerships.
About the Research Area Management Team
We are building and expanding a team who are highly committed, enthusiastic and ambitious, focused on collaborative working, innovation and strategic thinking, and who thrive on the challenge of achieving stretching goals. The team work in a fast-paced environment where they take a solution first approach to problem solving and are very results focused, with a strong sense of accountability for achieving their goals. What’s more, they have a strong sense of fun and energy.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Through continuous big data analysis, use of business acumen and market intelligence, make recommendations on the definition and tactics for execution of the commercial strategy to deliver a step change in revenue growth of the immuno-oncology product portfolio and achieve annual revenue and margin targets.
- Make recommendations on the long-range development of Abcam's portfolio of products across all categories in immuno-oncology research and provide input into the development of the inhouse R&D pipeline of new product types and platforms.
- Using robust financial modelling, size markets for the immuno-oncology research area and value potential new initiatives to make recommendations on the future direction of the strategy.
- Make recommendations on key product lines and customers to target to develop deep relationships that enhance Abcam's global reputation as a leading partner in the immuno-oncology research.
- Design and develop dashboards to track the progress of the immuno-oncology strategy against key milestones.
- Be the subject matter expert in the collation of multiple data points, including internal and external sources, in the immuno-oncology research area.
- Provide input into the development of new pricing initiatives for the immuno-oncology portfolio.
- Provide input into the development of immuno-oncology related product datasheets and protocols.
- Provide input into the quality criteria required for immuno-oncology products.
- Provide input on in-bound and out-bound collaboration opportunities for follow up by the Portfolio Development, Business Development and Custom Product & Licensing teams.
- Make recommendations on candidates to build Abcam's external network of scientific advisors in the immuno-oncology field. Input into the development of relationships with these advisors.
- Inspire and proactively engage key stakeholders across the business in the immuno-oncology strategy.
Represent the voice of the global immuno-oncology consumer across the business.
- Interpret and communicate insights reports in an appropriate format to enable rapid actions to be taken by the global business teams.
- Develop highly collaborative relationships across all global departments and provide input into new commercial opportunities to deliver the immuno-oncology strategy.
You will be able to demonstrate significant product management experience in the Biotech/Pharma, Diagnostics or Life Sciences industry. You will also have significant, demonstrable experience in sales and marketing also in these fields.
In addition, you will have extensive experience of driving the development and execution of commercial strategies to deliver a step change in revenue growth for the product ranges you have managed. You will preferably have experience within the immuno-oncology or oncology/cancer research field and in all approaches to antibody development and antibody applications.
You will have proven ability to establish strong working relationships internally and externally. Strong analytical skills and the ability to communicate and present findings and recommendations effectively will be key to this role.
A minimum of a BSc in biological sciences or equivalent would be necessary and a PhD would be a bonus.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!