Channel Manager, India
Summary of Role:
Role to be based in any major Indian City!
Working within the APAC Regional Sales and Marketing team this position will co-ordinate and manage distributors within India. The role will work with Abcam’s distributors and end user customers, supporting the Commercial Director to manage distributor performance in India and develop key pharma and biotech accounts in the region.
This position will be expected to be the primary point of contact for our distributors’ regarding marketing activities.
You will need to be comfortable in an environment where change is a constant, at Abcam we are always striving to improve everything we do.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
- Responsible for delivering revenue expectations for catalogues sales, profitability and market share growth objectives
- Identify and develop strategic accounts and channel partners in the region to achieve and exceed commercial growth targets
- Develop and grow strategic accounts within India through direct customer engagement
- Focus on growing relationships with Biotech and Pharmaceutical accounts in India and the region
- Support our Channel partners with their own marketing campaigns and any collaborative marketing campaign we can work together on
- Actively engage and manage channels partners in the region through quarterly distributor reviews and in person visits
- Working closely with APAC Regional Marketing team to organise and attend roadshows or exhibitions to support product promotion and demonstrate our technical capabilities to channel partners and end users throughout the region
- Actively engage with the APAC Marketing team to take advantage of unique opportunities to promote products to drive growth
- Work with the Commercial Director to come up with promotions and sales activities in the different territories
- Assist the Commercial Director to develop the marketing strategy for Abcam in line with Abcam’s objectives
- Working closely with the Commercial Director, Finance and Customer Service team to monitor distributors’ financial situation and order processing
- Degree educated, preferably within a Life Science related subject
- Previous Sales/ Marketing/ Channel Management experience in a related field
- Experience managing channels in a complex market landscape is desirable
- Strong Analytical skills, with the ability to draw conclusions from market trends and competitive analysis
- Consultative and excellent communicator both written and verbal
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines, delivering projects on time
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint
- Must be highly organized, motivated, independent, a self-starter, and self-directed
- Must convey a positive, “can-do” attitude
- Ability to travel, both national and international travel required (70%)
- Competitive basic salary
- Flexible benefits package
- Opportunity to participate in the company share incentive plan which includes free shares
- Career progression opportunities
- Dynamic working environment, working with people who are passionate about helping our customers achieve their mission, faster