Channel Development Specialist (EMEA/LATAM)
Working within the EMEA/LATAM Channel Management Team this position will coordinate and on-board distributors within the regions in EMEA and LATAM. The role will work with Abcam’s distributors, supporting the Channel Manager to develop the right channels in Africa, Eastern Europe, the Middle East and LATAM.
You will need to be comfortable in an environment where change is a constant; at Abcam we are always striving to improve everything we do.
- Accountable for the achievement of the department’s assigned targets for profitable sales revenue and achievement of the channel teams’ overall objectives
- Networking and training regional channel partners to identify and close new large value opportunities in key accounts focusing on Pharmaceutical, Biotech and Diagnostics
- Drive the revenue growth of the business by promoting and marketing our portfolio of products and service capabilities
- Work collaboratively with Integrated Marketing, and R&D teams to increase sales and customer/distributor satisfaction
- Develop and deliver impactful presentations (commercial and technical) for internal and distributor meetings, and customer visits.
- Attending conferences and events in key application areas related to strategic initiatives, including giving commercial and technical talks and presentations
- MSc or PhD in Immunology or Neuroscience or Epigenetics
- More than two years of experience in solution science-based selling in the Life Science market, including technical expertise
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Spanish
- Consultative and excellent communicator both written and verbal
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint
- Must be highly organized, motivated, a self-starter, and self-directed
- Demonstrated ability for problem prevention, detection and resolution
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines, delivering projects on time
- Ability to travel, both national and international travel may be required
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast-paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences, please apply now!
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
We are incredibly proud to be recognised as the ‘3rd Best Place to Work in the UK in 2021’, as per Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award. Our culture is driven by our dedicated, agile and audacious community of professionals who are driven by a combined purpose and sense of belonging.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.