Change Manager - 12 month FTC
About the role
An opportunity has arisen to join the Strategic Programme Office (SPO) team as a Change Manager. This role will focus on supporting the rollout of the Enterprise project to the all remaining sites across Abcam following the successful launch in Burlingame and Eugene. It is a fantastic chance for someone to specialise in the people side of change, including changes to business processes, systems, ways of working and delivering real, lasting change and sustainable business benefits.
About the Strategic Programmes Office team
Abcam has an ambitious strategy and a progressive transformation agenda. To drive this agenda, Abcam has developed a Strategic Programme Office. This office is focused on helping to ensure we deliver maximum value from our strategy. You will be part of the SPO support team that is made up of a talented group of Change and Project Managers and plays a critical role in helping Abcam deliver key strategic initiatives and applying change management best practices to help individuals and teams succeed through change.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Working with leadership teams across the world to set up effective sponsorship
- Working with stakeholders globally to map out and deliver exactly what is needed to land change successfully (including communications, coaching and training)
- Engaging with leaders & Subject Matter Experts to understand and mitigate the functional change impacts
- Complete change management assessments such as impact assessments, readiness assessments, stakeholder analysis, potential resistance and change risk
- From the assessments create actionable change management deliverables into a plan covering: change communications, stakeholder and line manager activity, resistance management, user readiness activity and sustainability at project close
- Work closely with business and project teams to ensure they understand and are prepared to deliver against those plans
- Supporting the development of global change networks to strengthen engagement across Abcam businesses
- Working alongside the Abcam communications team to develop messages to be cascaded within the business
- Arranging and facilitating workshops
- Communicating the change status of a project, progress and escalating risk and impact to business stakeholders and internal teams
The ideal candidate will have experience of delivering projects and some understanding of the change management principles used at Abcam.
You should be a team player, able to take responsibility and manage multiple competing priorities with a high attention to detail. We require a strong communicator with a flexible, well organised and adaptable approach. You should be a problem solver and creative thinker.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a great team, focussed on helping Abcam deliver our strategic initiatives, please apply now!
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
We are incredibly proud to be recognised as the ‘3rd Best Place to Work in the UK in 2021’, as per Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award. Our culture is driven by our dedicated, agile and audacious community of professionals who are driven by a combined purpose and sense of belonging.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.