Cell Biology Scientist
We are looking to expand our team to support Abcam’s strategic ambitions in the cell engineering field. We are recruiting for a Scientist with excellent technical skills in cell model generation using CRISPR/Cas9 to join our Cell Biology team
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your career within a growing business by playing a hands-on role in the Custom Cell Engineering group in Fremont to support the delivery of Custom Cell Engineering projects and any internal product development.
- Apply gene editing technologies including CRISPR/Cas9 in mammalian cells
- Plan and manage multiple projects for gene editing using CRISPR/Cas9 technology
- Design, execute and analyze experiments, generating high-quality reports to support customer projects in a timely fashion
- Develop and optimize protocols for gene editing of diverse mammalian cell types
- Directly supervise and provide training to junior members of staff, reviewing their work and reports ensuring adherence to high quality standards
- When necessary, lead and support troubleshooting activities to achieve project aims.
- Directly interact and update the project progress with the project management team and/or the department Director
- Collaborate and exchange technical protocols, tips and experiences with other team members working at both local and other global Abcam locations, ensuring governance of any technical transfer
- Identify innovative solutions aligned with continuous improvement and maintaining leading edge for customer delivery
- Role model and champion safe working practices, adhering to all company EHS policies
Skills and Experience Required
- PhD in cell biology, molecular, genetics or related biological life science
- 3+ years hands-on experiences, preferably within an industrial setting
- Direct experience working with gene editing using CRISPR/Cas9 in mammalian cells
- Experience with mammalian cell culture including challenging cell types such as iPSC culture.
- Data analytic and report writing, including preparation of technical presentations
- Experience supervising and developing the technical skills of others.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational, time-management skills and careful attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate within a team-based environment
- Excellent computer skills including instrumentation specific software and proficiency in Microsoft Office