Cell Biology Research Associate
Cell Biology - Research Associate
Location: Fremont, California
About Fremont Cell Engineering Team
Fremont is the primary site for the generation of gene-edited cell lines to support Abcam’s CRISPR cell engineering platform. We use the cutting-edge CRISPR/genome editing technologies to endogenously modify and characterize a variety of exciting cell lines including cancer cells, mammalian and primary cells, immune and neurones cells and induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSCs). As a part of Cell Line Technology Development, we work within a multifaced community with broad technical expertise to improve current gene editing techniques and collaboratively work across many business areas with local and global matrix teams
About the role
We are looking to expand our team to become leaders in the field of cell engineering. With this in mind, we are looking for an experienced researcher who will join our Cell Sciences team. This is a great opportunity to develop your career within a growing business by playing a practical role in the use of cell biology to support the achievement of customized cell service projects and internal product development projects. This role allows you to apply cell culture expertise and develop new research techniques to contribute to the development of edited cell lines.
- Conducting numerous projects in various cell backgrounds by utilizing CRISPR/ other gene editing technologies to generate genetically modified cell lines
- Plan and manage multiple projects for gene editing using CRISPR/Cas9 technology
- Design, execute and analyze experiments to advance abcam’s cell engineering team
- Supervise and provide training to Research associates
- Create and manage good documentation of experimental data and reagent inventories
- Expanding successfully edited cell and practicing good quality control
- Generate high-quality and deliverable data, perform data analysis and report in a timely, troubleshooting wherever needed.
- Collaborate and exchange the technique protocols, tips and experience with other team members internally or externally
- Create and manage good documentation of experimental data and reagent inventory.
- Perform a good laboratory practice and maintenance. Keep a safe and clean laboratory hygiene.
- Perform additional relevant duties as needed and assigned.
Skills and Experience Required
- B.S./M.S. in cell biology, molecular, genetics or related biological life science
- 1+ years hands-on experiences in industrial setting is preferred
- Direct experience working gene editing using CRISPR/Cas9 in mammalian cells
- Experience with mammalian cell culture with a preference for cancer cell, iPSC, ESC
- Data reading, analysis and presentation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional organizational, time-management skills and careful attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate within a team-based environment
- Excellent computer skills including instrumentation specific software and proficiency in Microsoft Office
Ever since 1998, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
You will be joining Abcam at an exciting time of growth and innovation!
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment. What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.