Category Director – Proteins & Cell Lines
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity for a visionary individual to lead two strategic and exciting product lines through all go-to-market channels and geographies. The successful candidate will collaborate with colleagues in R&D, Program Management, Sales, Growth Marketing, Research Area Marketing, Customer Experience Journey, Manufacturing and Procurement to develop a 5-year innovation strategy roadmap and deliver aggressive revenue goals. They should be a driven self-starter with strong leadership skills, as well as possessing the necessary commercial experience and know-how to create, direct and deliver a growth marketing strategy.
The Proteins and Cell Lines product lines play an important role in Abcam’s 5-year strategy, and this exciting role has a lot of exposure to the executive leadership team and senior stakeholders across Abcam.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop and deliver a 5-year innovation strategy roadmap for the Proteins and Cell Line portfolios, collaborating with R&D, Program Management, Customer Experience Journey, Business Development and Sales teams.
- Work with Growth Marketing, Research Area Marketing, Customer Experience Journey and Sales teams to define and develop an effective marketing growth plan and achieve ambitious sales revenue targets.
- Lead a team of experienced and talented product managers, setting and delivering objectives, priorities, milestones and key performance indicators.
- Prepare global sales revenue forecasts and expenditure budgets for the Proteins and Cell Lines product lines.
- Deliver effective and timely updates to Abcam’s executive leadership team and other senior stakeholders
- Minimum of undergraduate degree in Life Sciences discipline, a MSc or PhD is preferable.
- Strong commercial rigor gained from significant experience in an international sales, marketing and business development function (minimum 10 years’ experience).
- Practical experience with recombinant proteins and engineered cell lines would be ideal, but not essential.
- Strategic thinker with demonstrated ability to develop strategies and translate into actionable plans.
- Strong team player able to build credibility at senior levels of an organization, and lead and motivate international cross function teams.
- Experienced in leading talented marketing teams and influencing cross function teams.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Proven track record of delivery in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong financial acumen.
- Results focused.
- Dynamic personality, team player with an open communication style.
- Great customer facing skills.
- Excellent communicator who can work autonomously.
- Comfortable with a flexible working environment and being flexible to meet demands of the role.
- Willingness and ability to travel within US & Canada and limited international travel.
- High level of integrity and ethics
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast-paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences, please apply now!
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.