About the role
This role is responsible for doing procurement activity for labs raw materials. He or She shall report to region procurement manager. The position is fixed - term for a minimum of 1 year.
Be sure to include three to five reasons a candidate would love this job.
You will utilise your knowledge of sourcing to develop and execute strategies with suppliers that support Abcam’s business needs - building and maintaining reliable and high-quality supply strategies at the best possible cost. Maximising value will be essential by yielding value from established business relationships as well as onboarding new suppliers. You will be responsible to work directly with key business stakeholders – to understand the strategic initiatives required to support the project, as well as opportunities for supply network consolidation globally and managing business risk. You will understand market trends and work to identify areas of improvement to drive additional value for the organisation, while meeting the project requirements.
You will use your relationship management, operations optimisation, continuous improvement, contract design & oversight skills to deliver best total cost, pushing the implementation of best practices within the project and beyond.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Lead procurement raw materials for Laboratory.
- Manage an internal stakeholder landscape in order to define the project procurement scope and business requirements.
- Partner with the relevant internal stakeholders to develop a short and long term best in class sourcing strategy for the project, ensuring to understand and incorporate market trends, dynamics and requirements are ‘fit for purpose’.
- Work cross-functionally to discuss and resolve ongoing supplier-related issues.
- Management of end to end contracting process that ensures the best commercial terms and value delivery short and long term.
- Adopt a total cost of ownership mindset to drive new ways of working with the business and suppliers.
- Contribute and adhere to procurement policies and procedures to improve the compliance agenda and drive best practices.
- Apply risk management techniques to ensure appropriate measures are taken to mitigate against financial, reputational, legal, business continuity and performance risk exposure.
- You will be educated to degree level (or equivalent) in a Business, Operations / Engineering, chemistry, Biotechnology, or Supply Chain Management subject.
- You will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in procurement or supply chain management (experience in biotechnology / pharmaceutical / life sciences would be desirable not essential) and you will have previous experience managing raw materials procurements. You will have a proven track record in project management and leading contract negotiations that minimize / reduce risk exposure to the business. You will be a strong communicator with the ability to lead negotiations and deliver cost savings and influence stakeholders and suppliers and across the wider business at all levels. You will be comfortable working independently and managing your workload to achieve the project targets and timelines.
- In addition, you will be results driven with the ability to translate business needs into tangible procurement strategies and value. If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.