Business Analyst - ELN/LIMS (12 Month Contract)
About the role
We're looking for an exceptional Business Analyst (12 month FTC) to join our team during a journey of multi-year investment in our Digital transformation programmes.
The Business Analyst will support the delivery of projects within the Enterprise (R&D) domain, specifically around the laboratory information management systems.
A key part of this role is to work closely with Abcam stakeholders, Product Managers, Lead Business Process Owner as well as other Digital and 3rd party teams to drive the project forward to a successful delivery. Key responsibilities include:
- Understanding, influencing and collaborating with stakeholders, users, the business, across departments and within and across teams to identify and define need
- Driving understanding and definition forwards of both benefits and requirements, using a variety of techniques including facilitating single or multiple user research sessions and the analysis of data
- Identifying and defining business benefit, value and metrics , epics, features, user stories, including splitting and refining work, and curating the backlog.
- Generating documentation to a good quality and standard, including requirements / user stories
- Supporting the adoption of agile ways of working and solution delivery at pace, coaching others in the team in agile business analysis techniques
- Delivering high quality results and decisions, within tight timescales whilst working under pressure and dealing with ambiguity
- Working hand-in-hand with developers, ensuring the development lifecycle remains continuous and product quality and benefit are maintained
- Develop and document detailed knowledge of business opportunities
- You will have worked with multiple project disciplines and methodologies, particularly strong in Agile, and within a business with both a web application development and SaaS software implementation focus. You will be experienced in the full project/product management lifecycle.
- You will have a recognised Business Analysis certification such as BCS/ISEB or have attended a formalised Business Analysis course.
- Experience within the Life Sciences industry would be ideal but is not essential, as would experience within the Retail sector.
- You will excel at facilitating group discussions and workshops, using tried and tested business analysis techniques to elicit, validate and prioritise requirements and user stories.
- Prioritisation and time management must be a strong point, as must multi-tasking, as you could be working on multiple projects simultaneously.
- You’ll be joining a fast-paced environment and must be comfortable with hitting the ground running.
You will be joining Abcam at an exciting time of growth and innovation!