Associate Scientist - Purification & Conjugation
Job Title: Associate Scientist - Purification & Conjugation
About the role
Abcam, a rapidly expanding bioscience organisation, are looking to recruit an Associate Scientist to work in our Purification & Conjugation Team. This is a lab-based role where you will be working closely with other Purification & Conjugation Technicians and Scientists. The successful candidate will be responsible for performing routine purification & conjugation techniques to prepare antibody and peptide conjugates to a broad range of labels, producing high quality results to hit high throughput targets and assisting with the everyday running of the Purification & Conjugation Lab.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Carry out routine purification & conjugation processes and deliver completed experiments in line with production schedules. Identify when specifications are missed and troubleshoot these situations. Track and review own and team’s experimental data; take an objective view to make sound business recommendations.
- Prepare weekly schedules for routine Purification and Conjugation processes and support the management of team workload.
- Show compliance with Quality policies, SOPs and Health and Safety procedures.
- Work independently/ alongside other teams on R&D/ process optimisation projects. Prepare associated project plans, design bespoke experiments, and liaise with stakeholders to agree deadlines.
- Support Technicians in their lab work, helping with troubleshooting and ensuring that all production work is carried out to high quality standards.
- Supervise individuals during training providing technical, theoretical, and practical information during the training process.
- Keep stakeholders informed and up to date by sharing all relevant information and take part in cross team discussions. Including presenting data to stakeholders and influencing outcomes through actions.
Our ideal candidate will be a team player, highly self-motivated, hardworking, have excellent organisational capabilities and deliver results consistently to ISO 9001 standards in a fast-paced environment.
You will have a degree or equivalent in biological sciences and several years’ experience of working in laboratory production. Experience of trouble shooting and managing or supervising junior members of staff would be an advantage. You should have a flexible approach to work, being able to work autonomously as well as part of a team.
The ability to work accurately and to follow both written and verbal instructions whilst maintaining accurate and detailed records together with excellent communication skills are a must.
Prior experience in antibody production, purification, or conjugation techniques is desirable. Experience of AKTA chromatography systems would be advantageous but not essential as full training will be provided.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998,?Abcam plc?(www.abcamplc.com)?began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.??
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this?outcome,?the company?both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe,?and?sources?from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.?
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.