Associate Scientist - Flow Cytometry
Associate Scientist - Flow Cytometry
About the role
Abcam are looking to recruit a talented and a highly motivated Associate Scientist with experience in flow cytometry to join our Imaging team at Abcam in the new HQ in Cambridge.
The Imaging Team plays an essential role in the validation of our antibodies in flow cytometry, immunocytochemistry and immunohistochemistry.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Has a firm understanding of principles, literature and methods in flow cytometry (FC).
- Take project work, breaking it down to tasks and scheduling those for yourself/ other team members and ensuring delivery on time.
- Actively seeks to improve testing conditions for individual antibody products and product groups to best demonstrate their performance.
- As an experienced scientist contribute to ideas and establishment of protocol and protocol improvements. Be proactive in their validation, optimisation and documentation and take responsibility for validating new assay protocols and their integration into standard work streams.
- Help to establish and maintain high quality standards during experimental processes and record keeping.
- Abide by laboratory Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and keep accurate Batch Manufacturing Records (BMRs).
- Msc in a life sciences field or equivalent.
- Experience of cell culture, cell treatments, experimental design and workload management.
- Experience of flow cytometry, to include: multi-colour experiments for immunophenotyping and isolation of primary cells (murine and human)
- Experience in using antibody reagents.
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise, multitask and work to deadlines.
- Be a team player; facilitate open and constructive communication within the team and other teams within the company across the globe.
- PhD in a life sciences field or equivalent qualification or significant industrial experience.
- Experience in immunocytochemistry and imaging using confocal microscopy or High-content Analysers.
- Experience in writing and reviewing SOPs and risk assessments.
- Evidence of managing multiple projects.
Ever since 1998, when our founder, Jonathan Milner, started selling antibodies from the back of his bike, Abcam has aimed to help scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. We now have offices and labs in the UK, the US, China and Japan, and as we continue to grow, we remain ambitious, driven by our customers’ success and their research needs.
It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we can offer an attractive flexible benefits package which includes share options, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected class.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.