We are looking for a technically skilled team player who is committed to the mission of serving life scientists to achieve their mission faster. The associate scientist will report to our Quality Control Manager and work directly with the team on investigating complex product failures, zeroing in on the actions needed to correct them at their root. They are hands-on in the lab running experiments and reviewing the work of research associates to foster their growth as scientists on the team. Additionally, we are looking for an individual who can contribute their deep understanding of immunoassays to improve QC test design for finished products and their intermediate solutions. If you possess high standards of consistency and quality, the initiative to mentor and train, and the analytical rigor to find the root cause of challenging manufacturing problems then this role is for you.
- Ensure products meet set standards of quality, reliability, and performance.
- Collect, compile, and analyze relevant quality experimental data to obtain information regarding quality performance.
- Root cause, track, and report on closed investigations when requested.
- Provide backup support on Customer Experience in quality related inquiries.
- Initiate updates and creation of new functional SOPs as required.
- Identify ways to reduce wastes and maximize resources.
- Ensure manufacturing processes comply with documented standards of production.
- Supervise a subset of junior associates within the QC team to ensure they perform their duties in line with established company procedures.
- Liaise with New Product Development and senior scientists onsite regarding ongoing quality investigations that may impact NPD processes.
- Develop new QC experiments for intermediate solutions that minimize finished product failures down the line.
- Be knowledgeable of and able to enforce standards for health and safety during work operations.
- Identifies areas of risk for QC error.
- Develop mentoring relationships with associates to proactively check their understanding of methods, providing constructive feedback where appropriate.
- Finds answers to detailed technical questions from associates.
Skills and Experience Required
- B.S. in biochemistry, cell and molecular biology, immunology or other Life Sciences required, Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years of related industry experience.
- Experience running and troubleshooting Western Blot, Flow Cytometry, and Cellular Activity products.
- Experience developing and optimizing ELISAs; experience with homogenous assays preferred.
- Ability to analyze and reconcile moderate to complex issues independently.
- Must be an individual with proven initiative and demonstrated accountability in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Display manual dexterity required to operate office lab equipment
- Lab setting 30%
- Office setting 70%
- BSL2 lab
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.