About the role
Abcam is looking for an Associate Scientist to join our team in Branford supporting the antibody discovery pipeline. The successful candidate will play a hands-on role in the company’s antibody discovery pipelines. We are looking for someone excited about the opportunity to use of a variety of immunology, molecular biology, cell culture, and screening techniques in support of high-quality recombinant antibody discovery. This role reports to the Antibody Discovery Binder Development Team leader. This role will work closely with other team members within the group and be required to design and execute experiments, make observations, analyze data, interpret, and report results.
About the Team
The New Product Development team in Branford is responsible for the development of best in class antibodies using our RabMAb discovery pipeline. This pipeline is utilized to generate antibodies to a variety of different target types.
Roles & responsibilities
- Contribute to projects and initiatives related to Antibody discovery pipelines, both traditional and recombinant.
- Assist with Hybridoma Fusion, screening and clone selection including cloning and expansion
- Experience with High throughput screening of immunologically relevant assays (ex. includes ELISA, FACS, Western Blot)
- Seek and apply current relevant scientific literature toward new solutions.
- Ability to plan and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Work collaboratively with local teams
- Assisting support for data management, ensure the recording and analysis of all processed data in a timely manner, with appropriate population of laboratory notebooks and data management systems
- Ability to communicate results to supervisor and peers
- Anticipate problems to minimize issues, work to resolve any issues to minimize impact on success of projects
- Strong organizational and time management skills, ability to multitask
- Show strong lab citizenship by following best lab practices. Assist with regular assigned laboratory maintenance duties
- Help establish a safe and efficient working environment in the laboratory, ensure the safety of colleagues & visitors and comply with Health and Safety (H&S) policies.
- Assist in other areas of the new product development team, as required, to support the team in meeting or exceeding deliverables
- A BS, MS, Ph.D., or equivalent experience in immunology or closely related discipline with 5+ years relevant experience in an industry laboratory setting
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
You have 5 or more years’ experience working on antibody development including hybridoma development and maintenance methods. You have additional experience including molecular biology/biochemistry protocols. You should have good laboratory skills and scientific principles. You have experience in many techniques included but not limited to ELISA, flow cytometry and Immunocytochemistry. You are detail-oriented, organized, able to write and implement protocols and maintain a detailed lab notebook. You will have the ability to multitask and ability to prioritize your work to meet deadlines.
You’ll be joining a fast-paced evolving environment and must be comfortable with hitting the ground running. If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences please apply now!
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998,?Abcam plc?(www.abcamplc.com)?began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.??
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this?outcome,?the company?both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe,?and?sources?from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.?
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.