Associate Imaging Scientist
About the role
We are looking to recruit a highly motivated Associated Scientist with experience in immunocytochemistry and flow cytometry to join our Imaging team at Abcam in the new HQ in Cambridge.
The Imaging & Flow Team plays an essential role in the validation of our antibodies and new products working in immunohistochemistry, immunocytochemistry and flow cytometry.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Has a firm understanding of principles, literature and methods within the Imaging applications of immunocytochemistry (ICC-IF).
- Has a firm understanding of principles, literature and methods in flow cytometry (FC).
- Take project work, breaking it down to tasks and scheduling those for yourself and ensuring delivery on time.
- As an experienced scientist contribute to ideas and establishment of protocol and protocol improvements. Be proactive in their validation, optimisation and documentation and take responsibility for validating new assay protocols and their integration into standard work streams.
- Actively seek to improve testing conditions for individual antibody products and product groups to best demonstrate their performance.
- Help to establish and maintain high quality standards during experimental processes and record keeping.
- Abide by laboratory Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and keep accurate Batch Manufacturing Records (BMRs).
- Msc in a life sciences field or equivalent.
- Experience with imaging platform including confocal microscopy, High content Imaging and live imaging.
- Experience of immunocytochemistry, cell culture, cell treatments, experimental design and workload management.
- Experience of flow cytometry, to include: multi-colour experiments for immunophenotyping and isolation of primary cells (murine and human)
- Experience in using antibody reagents.
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise, multitask and work to deadlines.
- Be a team player; facilitate open and constructive communication within the team and other teams within the company across the globe.
- Phd in a life sciences field or equivalent qualification or significant industrial experience.
- Experience in writing and reviewing SOPs and risk assessments.
- Ability to demonstrate evidence of managing multiple projects.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast-paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences, please apply now!
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.