AEO Trade Compliance Project Manager
Job Title: AEO Trade Compliance Project Manager (Consultancy Contract)
Location: Cambridge, UK
About the role:
An opportunity has arisen for a Trade Compliance AEO Project Manager to join busy the Trade Compliance department at the company on an initial 4-month consultancy contract. The incumbent will be expected to prepare the company for the Authorised Economic Operator re-accreditation by HMRC, working with multiple stakeholders across the business as required.
Roles & Responsibilities:
You will be responsible for a successful completion of the company’s AEO re-certification project within approximately 4 months and managing it from initiation to implementation stage.
As an AEO Project Manager, your daily responsibilities will include review and analysis of existing company processes related to AEO, overseeing the preparation of a credible set of procedures as is a requirement by HMRC from AEO-accredited companies, and filling process gaps as soon they are identified.
You will work closely with Manufacturing, Logistics, Trade Compliance, Legal, Finance, Health & Safety and other departments to ensure you obtain all information to help you prepare the company to retain their AEO through full re-certification.
You will be a hard-working and enthusiastic individual, who possesses natural attention to detail and excellent organisational and analytical skills. You will have proven experience in helping other UK companies in private sector to obtain AEO status. Ideally a background in customs, freight forwarding or regulatory, but proven project management experience is a must. You may also have consultancy advisory experience with a reputable consultancy firm.
- A good working knowledge of AEO and experience assisting UK companies to attain AEO status.
- Demonstratable experience in end-to-end project management with a proven track record of successfully completing complex projects in a multinational environment, acting as a project manager rather than an individual contributor. Audit experience.
- Ideal candidate would hold AEO Practitioner qualification or similar AEO training credentials.
- Good understanding of Pharma/Biotech industries, products and practices.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft packages such as Visio, with the ability to process large amounts of data and information.
- Take direction from SME to ensure process mapping and documentation meets internal and AEO standards
- Excellent SOP, Work Instructions and other document writing skills.
- Ability of map a number of complex processes in a timely and efficient manner
- Excellent knowledge of business management software, in particular Microsoft Office, business intelligence software such as Tableau and a working knowledge of at least one ERP system (Oracle, SAP or proprietary/custom-built ERP).
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast-paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences, please apply now!
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
We are incredibly proud to be recognised as the ‘3rd Best Place to Work in the UK in 2021’, as per Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award. Our culture is driven by our dedicated, agile and audacious community of professionals who are driven by a combined purpose and sense of belonging.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.