Accounts Payable Administrator (Kickstart)
Job Title: Accounts Payable Administrator
Location: Cambridge, UK
Please note, this role is provided in partnership with the Government's Kickstarter Jobs Scheme. To qualify for this scheme, you must meet the following criteria: Aged 16 - 24 yrs. old Be receiving Universal Credit Eligible to work in the UK and unemployed.
About the role
The Accounts Payable Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day processing of purchase invoices and queries. Delivering a 1st class service. Taking responsibility for their allocated tasks, queries, challenges and objectives.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Timely and Accurate processing of purchase invoices
- Demonstrate effective communication skills, flexibility, and an ability to work to strict deadlines in a challenging and changing environment.
- Support process improvement initiatives as directed and provide feedback to manager with respect to implementation progress.
- Maintain employee and supplier confidentiality at all times.
- You will have a minimum 3 GCSEs at grade C or above
- Good numerical skills & attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be comfortable with all avenues of communication, globally
- Personable, enthusiastic, and proactive
- A good team player
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Able to organise and prioritise
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast-paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences, please apply now!
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.