Accounts Payable Administrator
The Accounts Payable Administrator is responsible for the day to day processing of purchase invoices and queries. Delivering a 1st class service. Taking responsibility for their allocated tasks, queries, challenges, and objectives. Reporting to the Accounts Payable Manager, you’ll be joining a team of 11.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Timely and accurate processing of purchase invoices
- Statement reconciliation.
- To demonstrate effective communication skills, flexibility, and an ability to work to strict deadlines in a challenging and changing environment.
- Support process improvement initiatives as directed and provide feedback to Manager with respect to implementation progress.
- Query resolution, to be striving for one touch resolution, actively seek positive conclusions to supplier and internal queries with drive to have a reputation as a 1st class Payables department. Achieve this by proactively working both with counterparts in the business and suppliers accordingly.
- Compliant with SOP’s and accounting policies manual at all times.
- You will have a minimum 3 GCSE’s at grade C or above
- At least 1 years’ experience in an office environment
- Accounts Payable experience is essential
- Previous experience with Oracle system highly desirable
- A basic understanding of accounting & finance
- Good numerical & analytical skills & attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Excellent communication skills
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast-paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences, please apply now!
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (including our award-winning share scheme, 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave), a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
What’s more, as a WORK180 Endorsed Employer, we are recognized globally as an organization that’s diverse, inclusive and supports women in the workplace.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.