Account Development Specialist
With offices across the US, Europe, and Asia, Abcam is one of the leading life science companies today, achieving multi-year double digit growth with the aim of helping scientific researchers make breakthroughs faster. It’s our goal to provide a world-standard in protein research tools, technical support and delivery. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and, best-loved brand in life sciences.
Our culture is our key differentiator. We believe in empowering individuals, with responsibility given at an early stage. The working environment is fun and fast-paced, collaborative and outcome focused, with a strong customer focus. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package (which includes shares for eligible employees), a culture focused on wellbeing and opportunities for growth and development.
About the Role
The Account Development Specialist (ADS) provides day to day relationship management and support to assigned partner accounts to assist in delivering revenue growth. You will be building relationships, maintaining knowledge and expertise on all aspects of the agreements for assigned accounts as well as providing input into revenue forecasting and identifying areas to partner and/or suggesting new products. This includes support for delivering on contract obligations and working to support accounts in achieving their goals.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for named accounts with an objective of successfully maintaining and growing each partnership account
- Promptly and professionally reply to customer inquiries and requests
- Develop and execute account plans for each assigned account with a specific focus on new products and opportunities for expanding the relationship to achieve the revenue goals for each organization
- Responsible for meeting individual objectives and revenue goals for the assigned accounts
- Provide revenue forecasting and delivery estimates as needed
- Anticipate accounts' needs by achieving an in depth understanding of their business issues, and goals, at a tactical and strategic level
- Conduct regular business review to increase alignment, maximize opportunities and promote a strong business partnership between collaboration participants
- Work closely and collaboratively with internal stakeholders and departments to ensure successful delivery on the contract. When necessary, spearhead new processes to meet contract requirements
- Anticipate upcoming changes in project stages or collaboration participants, manage transitions smoothly, and serve as the partnership's voice internally. Facilitate complex discussions with the partner to map a way forward when unanticipated situations or corporate decisions in either party trigger the need for change
- Provide appropriate product recommendations for partner R&D and NPD pipelines. Ensure that recommendations adhere to contractual requirements
- Escalate quality complaints, including CAP As and SCARs, from partners to appropriate internal departments
- Establish forecasting schedule with accounts and coordinate with internal groups to act on forecasts
- Educated to at least BSc in a life science discipline or related field
- Experience of successfully selling into life science market
- A good understanding of drug discovery and/or diagnostic workflows and the technologies employed
- Experience in protein research, immunology and immunohistochemistry
- Ability to build relationships both internally and externally with key stakeholders to achieve desired results
- Domestic and international travel is required up to 20%, including face to face meetings with customers, attendance at conferences and travelling to sales meetings.