Job Title: AbGenius
About the role
Responsible for managing and supporting Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) needs in key academic and commercial accounts.
Meets and overdelivers revenue and margin goals for target accounts through multi-channels collaborations.
Identify new opportunities to develop commercial relationships with key accounts in Academic/Biotech/Pharma/Clinical Labs spaces.
The AbGenius Team focuses on a tailored approach and customer service supporting KOLs to drive key accounts revenue to deliver Abcam’s strategic goals and objectives. These efforts will utilize our broad capabilities to position Abcam as the partner for cutting-edge scientists in the Academic/bio-industry/hospital markets.
Working across multiple channels, we aim to position the full scope of Abcam’s innovative technology platforms and expertise to serve scientists while capturing downstream revenue opportunities. Most importantly, we are constantly working hand-in-hand with these scientists to help them achieve better research outcomes and to accelerate their discoveries’ lead time.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Establish strategic plans, objectives and forecasts for each key account and update plans monthly.
- Serves as a consultant to the target accounts, tracking the shopping list of Accounts and identification of key influencers, decision makers and end users.
- Work with Channel Managers and distributor sales teams to drive the technical aspects of pre-sales and post-sales activities
- Leverage available resources to meet customer needs and work effectively with cross-functional teams of suppliers and internal resources
- Introduce Abcam’s cutting-edge product portfolio based on Principle Investigators’ (PI)latest research and discoveries
- Develop strong relationships and partnerships with Key Accounts with the aim to expand business opportunities.
- Keep abreast of market and customer research thereby providing expertise and insights t into specific markets and industries to internal and external customers
- Stay informed of product tactics as well as provide customer feedback to the marketing/portfolio team
- Master’s Degree, Ph.D preferred, majors in molecular biology or/and biotechnology,
- Proven experience (1-3 years) in sales and key account management within the life science industry.
- Solid knowledge of cutting-edge life science research advancements and bioindustry technologies is preferred.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Self-starter drives actions with passion.
- Has strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Ability to implement and deliver on specific Account strategy plans.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Key Account Management Head.
- Dynamic personality, team player with an open communication style.
- Great customer facing skills.
- Able to work autonomously and effectively in a matrixed, flexible working environment.
- Results focused.
- Flexible to meet the demands of the role.
- Willing to travel throughout China, traveling time is likely to be more than 50%
- High level of integrity and ethics.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to be a part of a fast-paced, growing business with the vision to become the most influential company and best-loved brand in life sciences, please apply now!
Pay and Benefits
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer an attractive and flexible benefits package, a culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development, and a highly flexible working environment.
An idea conceived in a University of Cambridge laboratory in 1998, Abcam plc (www.abcamplc.com) began life as an innovative and entrepreneurial start-up, spearheaded by like-minded individuals who shared a common purpose of providing the scientific community with quality antibody reagents, as well as trustworthy and up-to-date information about their uses and limitations. Abcam has now grown to become a leading supplier of protein research tools to life scientists, whilst always maintaining the core collaborative values assumed at its inception.
Abcam now supports life science researchers in their quest to understand the cause of disease and ultimately offer improvements to diagnoses and treatments. To achieve this outcome, the company both develops and manufactures its own products in specialist facilities across the globe, and sources from over 400 partners, offering scientists the newest, most innovative and highest quality research tools available globally, regardless of source. With a customer base of research scientists who require high performance products with detailed technical specifications, 64% of global researchers use Abcam products.
Inclusion & Diversity
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.